By Ronna Papesh, Database & Website Administrator, URMIA. Updated August 2021.
When you join an URMIA community, your e-mail notifications are set based on that community's type. The default settings listed in the table below seem to work for most members, but we encourage you to review and tailor notifications to meet your needs.
A consolidated digest differs from the "daily digest" because it includes posts from all of your communities in a single message. Many prefer this to reading a separate digest for each community.
Add a Weekly Digest
You can configure the system to send high-level summaries of community activities once a week in addition to—not instead of—more frequent notifications. The weekly consolidated digest compiles all posts to the designated communities for the week into one e-mail message. It is easy to review an entire discussion thread in context and archive important discussions. You choose which communities to include and which day of the week to receive your weekly consolidated digest.
Viewing Community Notifications
How do you view your settings? First, sign in on the URMIA website and go to your profile. Under the "My Account" tab, click on "Community Notifications."
You will see two types of settings for each community: A Discussion Email dropdown and Consolidated Digest checkboxes. These settings work independently. For example, you can configure the system to send you a "real time discussion email" and to include posts to that community in a weekly consolidated digest. Likewise, you can set your Discussion Email dropdown to NO EMAIL and still receive a daily consolidated digest in your mailbox.
Steps for Configuring a Consolidated Digest
- Choose a day on which to receive a "weekly consolidated community digest" if you'd like to receive one.
- Move the slider bar under Notification Settings to No.
- Choose a community you wish to include in a consolidated digest and confirm the Discussion Email dropdown is set to REAL TIME or NO EMAIL.
- Check the box in the appropriate Consolidated Digest column.
- Your settings will be saved automatically.
- After adjusting your Community Notifications, please confirm that you are receiving updates from all your active communities daily.
| Insights Home
| Next Article#TechTip#InsightsArticle