Since 2007, Chauncey Fagler has led the Florida College System Risk Management Consortium as its Executive Director & Chief Risk Officer. The consortium manages the cooperative insurance program for the State’s 28 two-year public (community) colleges under one statewide plan inclusive of property, workers’ compensation, liability, employee benefit plans and other programs. Fagler joined the Consortium in 2002 and was previously its Associate Director.
Prior to joining FCSRMC, Fagler spent two years with Edward Jones as a financial advisor. From 1984 through 2001, Fagler had a long career in specialty retail management overseeing purchasing, administrative services and store planning for the brand division Structure of The Limited Inc., as well as Ann Taylor, Lord & Taylor, and K-mart. At Structure, Fagler was Director of Administrative Services in the Corporate Offices and Regional Manager of the Southeast U.S. At Ann Taylor, he was Associate VP of Purchasing.
• National Designation with Associates in Risk Management (ARM-P)
• University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA) member; 2019-2020 President, 2017 Board of Directors; Annual Conference Co-Chair; Presenter
• Florida Education Risk Management Association (FERMA) President 2011 – 2012; served on the Executive Board and committees for 7 years
• Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS) Member and Presenter; RiskPac contributor and participant
• Risk Insurance Magazine interviewee, 2013, “A Challenging Year”; Named Risk Insurance Magazine’s Risk All Star, 2016
• Study Team member for national white papers entitled “Natural Catastrophes” and “What I Wish I’d Known When I Started” hosted by Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
• Presenter: CCBO 2015 and 2016 conferences. ACUA 2016
• University of Florida “F Club” Past-President and Board member
• University of Florida Swimming & Diving Splash Club Board member
• Formally licensed Investment Planner
• Formally licensed by the Florida Department of Insurance in Life, Health and Variable Annuity
• School Board member of Southwest Licking County (Ohio) 1998 – 1999
• University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Bachelor of Science – Advertising