The Committee's Role
An Annual Conference Committee shall consist of at least one chairperson and a sufficient number of individuals to successfully plan and conduct the annual conference. Each annual conference committee is responsible for planning, organizing, and administering the designated annual conference and will:
- Select a city as a site for the conference and approve the specific hotel site subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- Organize the program for the annual conference, including subjects, speakers, social activities, and exhibits, in accordance with standards and criteria established by the Executive Director.
- Submit a draft program and budget for the annual conference to the Executive Director.
- Prepare a progress report for the Board of Directors for each of its meetings prior to the annual conference for which the Annual Conference Committee is responsible.
- Prepare information about the annual conference and submit it to staff for publication.
- Conduct other appropriate and necessary activities to ensure the success of the annual conference.