Prepare a list of prompts to ask yourself during and after the conference. You may want to set milestones after returning to the office to review your experiences, and from that, create a list of your accomplishments. This may help you justify attending future URMIA events.
- What were my key discoveries, solutions, and surprises?
- What are the tangible things that I am bringing back from this experience?
- What solutions did I learn about to address problems our institution is facing?
- What relationships did I build or bolster?
- What else made this conference valuable to me?
- With whom do I need to follow up?
- What do I need to do to implement new ideas and solutions?
- What new questions do I have?