Pittsburgh 2010 - Bridging the Rivers of Risk
530 William Penn Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Online reservations are available now! Group rate cutoff date is September 24, 2010.
URMIA Group Rate: The URMIA hotel group rate is $199 per night (plus any additional taxes at the time of check-in). Please contact the hotel directly to make your room reservations. You can make hotel reservations now by calling 1-800-843-6664 (1-800-THE-OMNI); reference the URMIA Conference or the University Risk Management & Insurance Association to receive the group rate.
Parking and Transportation: Self-parking at the hotel is currently $14/day Monday-Friday and $5/day Saturday-Sunday. Valet parking is available to overnight guests for approximately $27/24 hours. An airport shuttle is available at an additional cost; contact the hotel directly for information.
The William Penn Hotel offers:
- 596 guestrooms and suites
- Traditional afternoon tea service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet with registration in the Omni's Select Guest program - Note that the Select Guest program is free; for more information about benefits of joining, click here.
- 24-hour complimentary executive fitness center
- Walking and jogging routes nearby; maps available at concierge
- Pittsburgh's Spa at Nail Galleria
Driving Directions to the Hotel:
- FROM PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT – 30 MINUTES/17 MILES: Follow signs to Pittsburgh to I-279 North (Fort/Pitt Bridge and Tunnel); go through the tunnel. Take the Liberty Avenue exit (straight off bridge). Proceed approximately three blocks and turn right on Sixth Avenue. At third intersection, turn right onto William Penn Place. The hotel is located on the left.
Taxi Service: Approximately $40
Shuttle Service: Approximately $20 one-way per person / $35 roundtrip per person
Private Car Service: Approximately $45 one-way plus gratuity
- FROM THE NORTH — VIA I-79 SOUTH: Take I-79S to I-279S. Proceed on I-279S to I-579S (Veteran's Bridge). From I-579S take the 6th Avenue exit (Mellon Arena), bear right on 6th Avenue and cross Grant Street. Go one block and turn left on William Penn Place to the hotel's main entrance on the left.
- FROM THE SOUTH & WEST — VIA I-79 NORTH: From I-79N, follow signs to I-279 North to Pittsburgh. Follow I-279N to Pittsburgh (Fort/Pitt Bridge and Tunnel). Go through the tunnel. Take the Liberty Avenue Exit (straight off bridge). Continue for approximately three blocks. Turn right on Sixth Avenue. At third intersection, turn right onto William Penn Place. The hotel is located on the left.
- FROM THE EAST — VIA I-76W & I-376W: Take I-76 (Pennsylvania Turnpike) and exit onto I-376W towards Pittsburgh. Take Grant Street exit (on left) to Grant Street. Follow Grant Street six blocks to 6th Avenue, and then turn left onto 6th Avenue. Immediately turn left onto William Penn Place to the hotel's main entrance.