The University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA) is an international non-profit educational association serving colleges and universities. Our core purpose is to promote the advancement and application of effective risk management principles and practices in institutions of higher education. Our membership includes thousands of professionals at more than 600 institutions of higher education and 100 companies supporting those institutions.
The mission of the University Risk Management and Insurance Association is to advance the discipline of risk management in higher education.
URMIA is the preeminent source of innovative and effective risk management ideas and solutions to the challenges facing institutions of higher education in the pursuit of their academic, social, and economic goals.
URMIA is pledged to the advancement of higher education risk management and the professional growth of our members. Our conduct is guided by the highest ethical standards. All interactions are characterized by trust, accessibility, diversity, innovation and camaraderie.
- To protect the reputation and resources, both human and financial, of institutions of higher education through the incorporation of sound risk management practices into all aspects of their operations.
- To make available the best and most complete risk management information for institutions of higher education.
- To provide excellent professional development opportunities for risk management professionals in higher education.
Three strategic directions guide the work of URMIA.
URMIA members can download the complete 2017-2019 URMIA Strategic Plan.
- Enhance Higher Education Risk Management Education
- Organizational Sustainability and Association Governance
- URMIA Brand Awareness and Outreach