Registration Is Open for URMIA's 2014 Regional Conferences!
FREE ARM Online Study Course Now Available to Members!
URMIA is now offering an online ARM Study Group available at NO COST to URMIA Members! The study group is led by Erike Young, University of California, Office of the President.
Register for the course at http://armstudygroup.com/. URMIA members, please enter “URMIA” in the discount code field on the registration page in order to have your registration fees waived.
To register for the “On-Demand” courses, please email email@example.com and indicate in the body of the email which course you'd like to take and that you are an URMIA member.
Affiliate Members: Sponsor the 2014 URMIA Journal
The URMIA Journal is our premier printed publication each year, and with its wide circulation, it's a great way to build the profession of higher education risk management.
- Interested in sponsoring? Sponsorships are available for $1,000, and the 2014 URMIA Journal will be published in August. Learn more!
- Submit an Article: The submission deadline has passed. If you have any questions about the status of your submitted article, please contact the URMIA National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
URMIA/NAFSA International Risk Management Conference: Coming to San Diego, 5/26-5/27/14
- Our very successful 2013 pre-conference workshop, "Developing Your International Risk Management Action Plan: Proven Techniques to Integrate Study Abroad and Risk Management to Optimize Outcomes," will be hosted again at NAFSA: Association of International Educators' annual conference! This 1.5-day, hands on workshop is a joint venture between NAFSA and URMIA and is designed for pairs of risk management and education abroad professionals to attend together and come away with a useable plan for their institutions.
- Registration: This workshop has sold out. It will be offered in conjunction with URMIA's Annual Conference in Louisville, Sept. 20-21, 2014 and NAFSA's 2015 Confererence in Boston. More details will be available on May 1st.
Meet the Recipients of Innovative Risk Management Solutions and Distinguished Risk Manager Awards and Our New Emeritus Members
- Congratulations to the recipients of the 2013 Innovative Risk Management Solutions Award, Stevens Institute of Technology for its solution to help manage regulatory compliance in higher education and Siena College for its superb online training and event planning process.
- URMIA also announced its 2013 recipients of the Distinguished Risk Manager (DRM) Award, one of the highest honors given by URMIA. Help us congratulate DRM recipients Ellen Shew Holland, ARM, DRM, MSF, chief risk officer at the Oregon University System, and Paul D. Pousson, ARM, associate director of risk management at the University of Texas System.
- URMIA's emeritus honorees represent individuals who have impacted the profession of risk management and recently retired. Congratulations to our new emeritus members, Anne Gregson, retired risk manager at the University of Rhode Island, and Jill Laster, ARM, DRM, retired associate vice chancellor for human resources and risk management at Texas Christian University.
Do You Have International Risks? We Have a Resource for You
URMIA is proud to partner with the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) on an exciting new website: the International Resource Center (IRC). This brand new resource provides helpful information focused on the key concerns for college and universities conducting activities abroad.
URMIA Press Room
May 13 - 14, 2014
||Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference
May 26 - 27, 2014
||NAFSA/URMIA Pre-Conference Workshop: Developing Your International Risk Management Action Plan
||San Diego, CA
Jun 3 - 4, 2014
||Western Regional Conference
||San Jose, CA
Sep 20 - 24, 2014
||URMIA's 45th Annual Conference - Marriott Louisville Downtown - Louisville, KY
Oct 10 - 14, 2015
||URMIA's 46th Annual Conference - The Hilton Minneapolis
Sep 17 - 21, 2016
||URMIA's 47th Annual Conference - Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
||San Diego, CA