Registration Is Open for URMIA's 2014 Regional Conferences!
- February 19 - Southeastern Regional, Nashville, TN; Register today, and don't miss the special OSAC/URMIA Conference on 2/18/14 (separate registration required; see conference website)!
- March 27-28 - Midwestern Regional, Chicago, IL; Register today
- April 22 - Northeastern Regional, Babson Park, MA; Register today
- May 13-14 - Mid-Atlantic Regional, Baltimore, MD; Register today
- June 3-4 - Western Regional, San Jose, CA; Register today
The 2014 URMIA Journal: Submit an Article by 3/24/14 or Consider Sponsoring
The URMIA Journal is our premier printed publication each year, and with its wide circulation, it's a great way to build the profession of higher education risk management.
- Submit an Article: Share your achievements, successes, and lessons learned with an audience of over 2,100 higher education risk management and insurance professionals, and build the profile of your profession. Submissions are due March 24, 2014; learn more, or submit your article today.
- Interested in sponsoring? Sponsorships are available for $1,000, and the 2014 URMIA Journal will be published in August. Learn more!
URMIA/NAFSA International Risk Management Conference: Coming to San Diego, 5/26-5/27/14
Meet the Recipients of Innovative Risk Management Solutions and Distinguished Risk Manager Awards and Our New Emeritus Members
- Congratulations to the recipients of the 2013 Innovative Risk Management Solutions Award, Stevens Institute of Technology for its solution to help manage regulatory compliance in higher education and Siena College for its superb online training and event planning process.
- URMIA also announced its 2013 recipients of the Distinguished Risk Manager (DRM) Award, one of the highest honors given by URMIA. Help us congratulate DRM recipients Ellen Shew Holland, ARM, DRM, MSF, chief risk officer at the Oregon University System, and Paul D. Pousson, ARM, associate director of risk management at the University of Texas System.
- URMIA's emeritus honorees represent individuals who have impacted the profession of risk management and recently retired. Congratulations to our new emeritus members, Anne Gregson, retired risk manager at the University of Rhode Island, and Jill Laster, ARM, DRM, retired associate vice chancellor for human resources and risk management at Texas Christian University.
Thank You for Joining Us for Risky Business Week 2013! Celebrate Any Time of the Year with These Helpful Resources
URMIA's second annual Risky Business: A Week Focusing on Risk Management's Contributions to Higher Education took place 11/4-11/8/2013, but members and non-members alike can use the extensive tools and resources available on the website year-round to help create a campus culture of risk management.
Risky Business Week resources include:
Thank You for Attending URMIA's 44th Annual Conference, Risk Management on the Rise, in Phoenix
- All the Details in One Place: Visit the conference website for the full schedule, speakers, general sessions, workshops, special events, and guest tours.
- Download Presentation Handouts: Attendees can download and print conference session handouts, as well as view a roster of attendees in our online community. In a month, all members will be able to view conference presentations and audio recordings via the URMIA library. Stay tuned!
- Meet Your New Leaders: During the annual conference, URMIA also inducted its new president, president-elect, and board of director members. Meet our current leaders, including our Executive Committee, board of directors, and committee chairs.
Looking for Ways to Connect? Check Out the 2013 URMIA Member Year in Review
Our members accomplish so much each year. Our 2013 URMIA Member Year in Review helps you connect with your colleagues by letting you know what they have been up to since last year's annual conference.
Do You Have International Risks? We Have a Resource for You
URMIA is proud to partner with the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) on an exciting new website: the International Resource Center (IRC). This brand new resource provides helpful information focused on the key concerns for college and universities conducting activities abroad.
URMIA Press Room
Mar 27 - 28, 2014
||Midwestern Regional Conference
Apr 22, 2014
||Northeastern Regional Conference
||Babson Park, MA
May 13 - 14, 2014
||MidAtlantic Regional Conference
May 26 - 27, 2014
||NAFSA/URMIA Pre-Conference Workshop: Developing Your International Risk Management Action Plan
||San Diego, CA
Jun 3 - 4, 2014
||Western Regional Conference
||San Jose, CA
Sep 20 - 24, 2014
||URMIA's 45th Annual Conference - Marriott Louisville Downtown - Louisville, KY
Oct 10 - 14, 2015
||URMIA's 46th Annual Conference - The Hilton Minneapolis
Sep 17 - 21, 2016
||URMIA's 47th Annual Conference - Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
||San Diego, CA