URMIA's Annual Conference is the premier event for higher education risk managers looking for ideas and solutions to their challenges. And this year will be even more special as we celebrate how far our association has come since its first annual conference 50 years ago!
This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity honors members who nurtured the association in its early days while also looking toward the future. URMIA would not be the leading association for risk managers in higher education without our members’ commitment to community, innovation and education that serve as URMIA’s foundation.
Selected 50th Anniversary Highlights: What to Expect in Boston
- Logowear: Be sure to order your 50th anniversary t-shirt as you register, complementary to all conference attendees! You can also visit our online Lands’ End store to order a wide range of items (e.g., shirt, jacket, hat, tote bag, etc.) with the 50th logo added. Watch for announcements of other special commemorative gifts.
- Newcomers & First-Time Attendees: If you are a conference newcomer, you’ll have a chance to meet past presidents and “seasoned” members at the Newcomers Welcome & Orientation, the President’s Reception, and the optional Buddy Program.
- URMIA Living Room: The URMIA living room is NEW this year and a special place to celebrate our 50th Annual Conference celebration or meet up with friends, old and new. Plan to stop by during registration hours and be a part of history! We will have special activities, including URMIA jigsaw puzzles, collage creation, selfie wall, copies of our compendiums and journals, and light refreshments.
- General Sessions: When we come together as a community, we will honor our history and recognize past leaders who are in attendance.
- Social Events: Watch for fun interactive experiences located throughout the conference and online that will bring URMIA’s history to life.
Want to get even more out of your conference experience? Don't miss how to "Enhance Your Experience" through even more opportunities to network, learn, engage and have fun in Boston!