The Honors Committee relies upon members to call attention to individuals for consideration. Nominees must be employed by an institution with an URMIA membership in good standing. Other criteria include:
- Long-term distinguished career as a risk manager
- Professional accomplishments (e.g., ARM, CPCU, CLU, etc.)
- Other awards and recognition nominee has received
- Service to URMIA, RIMS, NACUBO, CPCU, CLU or similar organizations as a board officer or member, committee chair or active committee member, etc. Service as a mentor to others in management, risk management, higher education, insurance industry, or local community. Service as a teacher fostering risk management principles.
- Contributions to the field of risk management demonstrated by the development of new techniques or approaches for addressing risk management issues and/or writing articles that shed new light on the practice of risk management
- Leadership qualities demonstrated by having marshaled resources to address regular and/or unusual problems in the field of higher education risk management or risk management in general
The committee recognizes that individual accomplishments are unique; we will consider other accomplishments. We also understand that nominators may not have exact details or dates. URMIA staff will verify details.